Submissions Open: Sunday, October 30th, 2016
Last Day for Submissions: Sunday, November 20th, 2016
If you have multiple people in your party they will each need to register individually.
A maximum of four people can apply per outlet.
Please contact email@example.com to discuss any additions to your team — in most cases we’ll issue up to two passes for standard outlets and up to four for national/international outlets (or e.g. large YouTube networks/production teams).
Your Press Badge allows access as long as space is permitting.
Your Press Badge does not allow early access, special access or guaranteed seating. Please plan to arrive for Panels you want to see early.
Your Press Badge does not allow you to cut lines.
Your Press Badge will not allow access into any events requiring an additional ticket.
There will be no soliciting of any products/services with the Press Badge. If you are caught soliciting, your badge will be revoked and you will have to leave the show or buy a GA ticket at door cost.
Once you are approved for a press pass, we will send out more information about the show and benefits of the press pass. Along with more information about our Media Day on Friday, December 2nd.
We highly recommend that you apply early as it is possible. There will be no onsite Press Registration at GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS.
All Press Registrations are subject to approval. You will be notified if you have been approved for a Press Badge within 10 days from when you submitted your registration. If your registration is NOT approved, you will also be notified. If you have been approved, additional information regarding Badge distribution will be provided in your confirmation email and receipt. NOTE: If you are not approved for “free” press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way. As well, having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews.
GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS does not tolerate coverage that includes stunt type events, ambush interviewing, or any sort of action that could make any attendees feel unsafe or uncomfortable. We value our guests and strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for them. We expect all those who receive press passes to also maintain this environment. If press pass holders fail to live up to this standard, GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS reserves the right to revoke press passes for the current event as well as for future events. Please show respect not only for our featured guests but also GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS .
These passes are being made available for the following media outlets:
(A) PRINT MEDIA: Print Media includes local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines etc. Hyperlocal publications and alternative newspapers will be considered based on the same criteria as the Internet press.
(B) TELEVISION & RADIO: TV & Radio include AM, FM, Satellite, Local TV and National TV
(C) INTERNET PRESS (Bloggers & Podcasts): Passes for Internet press will be issued on a very limited case by case basis. Due to the sheer amount of requests from web / internet only reporters and outlets, it is impossible to grant passes to everyone who makes a request. In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria:
(1) The website you write for must have been active on the web for at least one (1) year.
(2) Your website must have posted at least 70 articles on the website in the past one (1) year (12 months). Content curation does not count. These must be individual news stories and/or original content.
(3) At least TWO (2) industry related podcasts or blog entries from an established outlet within the last 6 months. Please email or mail the links of the podcast /blog entry crediting your name on the web that can be verified via internet searches.
(4) The content on this website must be current, at least one new article each week.
(5) Websites deemed offensive or antagonistic towards our fandom, guests, or the event will not be approved.
(6) Your website must have at least 2 verifiable social media pages, such as facebook, instagram, youtube, tumblr, twitter, etc.
(7) Internet press is limited to 2 passes per web outlet, and both pass holders must work for the website in question and have verifiable credits. Please don’t try and pass your friend off as a photographer for the site, it won’t work and you will be banned from ever being considered for press credentials in the future.
(8) There will be no soliciting or promotion of any products, goods, or services with a Press Badge. If you do, your pass will be revoked and you will have to leave the show or purchase a GA ticket. You will also be banned from ever being considered for press credentials in the future.
NOTE: If you are not approved for “free” press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way. As well, having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. In fact, a good business card for your website is more likely to score you an interview with a guest than an internet press pass. As well… if you are looking to interview any guests at the show for your website, we will provide more information on how to set up interviews closer to the event dates and media day.
The number of passes are decided on a case to case basis – and is purely the discretion of GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS.
If you are granted a press pass, we ask (if possible) that you do a piece/share information regarding GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS before the event itself. The Promotions staff will work with you to help secure possible advance information and potential interview opportunities with GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS staff and/or guests.
NOTE: Your pass is not approved until you receive a confirmation email from GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CON: LAS VEGAS. Do not “assume” it is approved and just show up – you will be asked to buy a pass. Passes are granted solely at the discretion of show management. Everyone in attendance must have a pass, so you will be required to purchase one to enter if you are not approved for a press pass.